Wednesday, July 10, 2013

PATIO DESIGNS
Key Associates
By: Allison Taylor
 
I am one of those people that will take any opportunity I can get to be outside - not the bugs, the heat, the cold, or even a light drizzle can keep me in.  My favorite places at my house are on our patio out back, our front deck, or even just sitting right in the middle of my driveway.  Lucky for me; we live in a fairly secluded home that is surrounded by woods.  When we bought our home, a little over 10 years ago, it was a total mess.  At the front of our home, there were so many large trees close to the house, that the indoors were in a constant state of darkness and mildew. After having several trees removed, we had a large deck built to overlook the forest gully that separated our home from our neighborhood road.  The woods at the back of our house just fell down the bank to within just a few feet from our back door.  My husband and I cut the bank back, built a massive retaining wall, and spread stepping stones and gravel - all while I was quite pregnant.  We are graced with lots of deer (that very rudely eat many of my plants), a seemingly decreasing population of wild turkeys, woodpeckers and other birds, bats, snakes, abundant spiders, our semi-domesticated Shepherd-Husky mix rescue dog, and our rambunctious eight year old son.  So yes, outdoor space is a precious commodity.  Although the deck is an amazing space for us to use, we often find ourselves at the patio out back.  Like others have stated, it seems to invite us into a more intimate setting.

Here are some nice ideas for patio and outdoor room designs that can be accomplished on a budget.  If you haven't worked to make your outdoor space more comfortable and accomodating, now's the perfect time.  Cheers! 
  

Architects, interior designers, and more ∨

From Shabby Chic home decor to contemporary furniture and mirrors, browse thousands of decorating ideas to inspire your next home project.
As you get ready to host an event, be sure you have enough dining room chairs and dishes for dinner guests, as well as enough bakeware and chef knives for food preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment